Friday, February 03, 2006

Fun with Polymer Clay

Original, Sterling Silver Jewelry an Mixed Media Paintings from Contemporary Artist Liana Bennett. Art that is innovative, unique and daring. Innovative Art Studio is always pushing the boundaries of Contemporary Modern Art.
Been making polymer clay horses. I use the small ones in my jewelry designs. I carved the originals and used them to make silicon molds. Then the horses are individually hand painted. These little guys are tedious to make, but so pretty. I love making them.
Note:Polymer clay is a soft, moldable form of PVC (polyvinyl chloride) that once "cooked" becomes hard and almost indestructible. Just like PVC pipe, it can be sawn, sanded, drilled, etc. Wonderful medium for exploring creative possibilities.
See an example of my jewelry here: "Three Wild Horses" Necklace

No comments: