Sunday, July 13, 2008

I'm Back......


This has been a trying and busy year, and it's only half over. Lost my little 7 year old Grandson, Nicholas, to cancer. Already had the cancer beat, but it came back, and his little body just could not handle the chemotherapy a second time. We miss him so much. He was such a sweet and tough little guy. He will always be close in my heart.

My daughter and her husband, felt that it was a good time for a change in their lives. So Tom and I drove the truck and trailer back to Florida, loaded them up, and moved them to Pueblo. I love having them so close by. I don't have to worry about hurricane season, no more.

I am getting a 10 x 10 foot addition to my studio. I am soooo happy. It will be nice to have room for all my art and jewelry making stuff. Tom just finished pouring the concrete foundation today. Yipee! Now we get to do the fun part.

We are building an observatory, with a real dome. An automated, computer controlled place to keep that gigantic telescope, besides the living room. I will not be sad to see it go. Tom keeps a sheet over it, and I swear, it looks like a ghost. He is blogging the whole thing here. http://nightskyobservatory.blogspot.com/
So if you are into astrophotograpy or thinking about building an observatory someday, check it out.

I have been busy developing a new line of jewelry, resin jewelry to be exact. Love making the silver, but the price of sterling is through the roof. Time to try some new ideas anyway. Will post pictures soon.

1 comment:

KC said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandson. My heart goes out to you and your family.