Friday, August 01, 2008

Creating Arctic Mermaids and Orcas in the Summer Heat

Artic Mermaid with baby Orca Whale
It's been so hot here, that I work outside early in the morning and late in the evening, and work in my studio during the heat of the day. Tom is building me a new studio addition. I'm so excited! I try to help as much as I can, if you call my feeble attempts at building, help. I will try to remember to take some pictures today of the new room.

In the meantime, here is a a new Mermaid Bangle Bracelet I have in the works. She is an Arctic Mermaid, all pale and shimmering with ice crystals. Still trying to decide if I she needs something special in her hair, maybe an ice crystal crown. Her little Orca buddy is almost finished. A bit more painting and then his eye. I need to dig and see if I have any tiny, jet black Swarovski rhinestones. Something about creating Arctic Mermaids and Orcas in the summer heat makes my studio feel cooler.

No comments: